The rest of the year is packed full of new adventures for us including a couple trips to states that I’ve never been to and our first trip by plane since Covid started. I am so excited for all of these trips! I’ve never been very good at staying home and especially with the state of the world the last few months I feel all the more anxious to get out and about and see things. All of our weekends are generally dedicated to driving somewhere and discovering new places. And I can’t wait to share all the places we find with you! So if you’re interested in where we are heading in the next little while, here is the present list so you can keep an eye out for what we discover…
- This weekend we are on our way to Huntsville, Alabama! I have never been to Alabama and I am so excited to spend a couple of days checking it out. Of course we are going to go to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center carrying with us some fond memories of living on the Space Coast in Florida.
- Next weekend our plan is to finally go explore Fall Creek Falls State Park. This is probably the most popular state park in Tennessee. Every time we start talking about which state park to hit next, we always begin the conversation with Fall Creek Falls. But we have been putting it off a little waiting for cooler weather and fall colors. I can’t wait to finally see these amazing falls!
- November will be bringing us to moving into our new house. And while we have family here helping us with moving, Brad and I are going to run away for a weekend to Bristol, Virginia/Tennessee. This city is part of both states. I have never been to Virginia so I’m excited to add that to the list. This city seems so perfectly situated to go see so many places in 4 different states.
- For Thanksgiving we are flying home to Provo, Utah. Last year we spent the holidays with just the three of us. So this year, we have made a point of spending the holidays with our families. I’m so excited to be home with my family for Thanksgiving which is arguably the biggest holiday in my family.
- Since spending turkey day with my family, we will be spending Christmas with Brad’s family in Joplin, Missouri with a trip to Silver Dollar City Amusement Park while we are there. We actually got season passes to this great park last year and have not yet used them so it will be fun to finally go and enjoy the frontier themed park in all its holiday delight.
- January is still being figured out because I have two weddings that I really want to be to, one in Phoenix, Arizona and the other in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to manage both but so far I am planning to be there.
I’m sure there will be other plans and destinations that pop up over the next few months, but I am so excited for the plans we have already! Any suggestions on any of these of places you love?